The Las Caras de Mexico Golf Course is an championship 18-hole golf course on the Sea of Cortez. We have named the course "Faces of Mexico" to give it an archaeological, historical and social Mexican character. The "Faces of Mexico" course is special in many ways. It conforms to its natural setting which is already a very unique terrain.
A special element in the "Faces of Mexico" (Las Caras de Mexico) course is it utilizes salt-tolerant turf and plants which utilize seawater irrigation to greatly reduce our need to utilize fresh water to maintain our golf course. San Felipe averages less than 3 inches of rain per year and water is very precious. By utilizing salt tolerant grass and plants, we are able to tap into previously "unusable water" in wells that are too high in salt content to be of any human or agricultural use. This is very much in keeping with the owner’s interest in sustainable community development.
The La Caras de Mexico golf course will eventually become a private course when the additional 18 holes are added on the West side of Highway 5. Only residents and hotel guests will play the seaside course when the mountain course is completed.
Immerse yourself in a breathtaking environment at our 18-hole Championship course.
THE GOLF COURSE STATISTICS: 18-hole Championship; 7,202 yds.
- Halophyte turfgrasses: Seashore Paspalum; SeaDwarf variety
- Greens: 7,000 sq.ft. average size; Seashore Paspalum; SeaDwarf variety
- Tees: 5 decks per hole; Seashore Paspalum; SeaDwarf variety
- Fairways: 40 acres; Seashore Paspalum; SeaDwarf variety
- Roughs: Seashore Paspalum; SeaDwarf variety
- Bunkers: 80
- Lakes: 3
- Irrigation System: Automated, in-ground
- Driving Range: 5 target greens
- Practice Areas w/ large putting & chipping greens
- Full-service Clubhouse & Pro shop facilities
- Rental carts & equipment will be available
- Lessons will be available from certified Professionals
- Green Fees: discounted for La Ventana Del Mar owners
Phase 1 included the construction of the 18 hole golf course with a practice range and putting area. Also complete is the temporary Clubhouse facility located in "The Pavilion" adjacent to the event lawn and over looking the practice range. The Pro shop and cart storage is currently located in this temporary Clubhouse. The Pavilion is also the location of our new restaurant and bar.
Phase 2 will include the construction of the Clubhouse & Pro shop facilities.